Join us for VOC Fundraising Month, October 2014
VOC Fundraising Month is a great time to help us in the fight against hereditary childhood blindness and vision disorders. Encourage your friends and family to participate… get the kids involved (it’s a great way to log community service hours).
Use your creativity to come up with your own fundraising idea, or see our ideas below.
Remember to have fun! Do something crazy to celebrate reaching your goal. Dye your hair purple when you raise $500 or tweet your success for every $10 you raise!
Use the Web
• Create an online fundraiser through crowdrise.com for just about any event (run/walk, birthday, wedding, memorial). Check out crowdrise.com for more great ideas. (VOC is already an approved Crowdrise charity.) Then ask everyone you know for donations using e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and everything else you can think of. Be relentless.
• Shop online through www.igive.com and smile.amazon.com to trigger a donation for every purchase. (See more about iGive and Amazon Smile.)
• If you sell online through eBay, create an Ebay Giving Works listing. This allows you to designate a percentage of the sales price of items you sell as a donation to VOC. You keep the remaining percentage. Your donation through Ebay Giving Works is tax deductible.
• Turn any 10K, marathon, bike tour, triathlon, or sports event into a grassroots Team VOC fundraiser. VOC will help you create your own personal fundraising page.
• Not the sporty type? Then consider a bowl-a-thon, bake-a-thon, dance party… the possibilities are endless.
• Ask your gym to host an exercise class to benefit VOC.
• Host a tournament – golf, tennis, volleyball, ping pong... any sport.
Get the Kids Involved
• Lemonade stand/bake sale.
• Refreshment sales at sporting events.
• Halloween party – Trick or Treat for VOC.
• Create and sell crafts.
On a Grander Scale
• Host a game night at which your guests make a donation to play.
• Collect quality items from friends and local retailers and host a silent auction at your home.
• Organize your own or neighborhood garage/tag sale.
• Plan a fundraising tea party/dinner/gala.
• Encourage your friends to “Give up their latte” for the month and donate those daily expenses to VOC.
If you are planning a fundraiser, please let us know ahead of time. This way we can cover logistic details and work with you to make sure that we have all gifts and donations recorded properly for our financial records.