Fundraising for VOC means help for
children and hope for cures
VOC Fundraising is a great way to help us in the fight against hereditary childhood blindness and vision disorders. Encourage your friends and family to participate… get the kids involved (it’s a great way to log community service hours).
Use your creativity to come up with your own fundraising idea, or see our ideas below.
Remember to have fun! Do something crazy to celebrate reaching your goal. Dye your hair purple when you raise $500 or tweet your success for every $10 you raise!
Use the Web
• If you sell online through eBay, create an Ebay Giving Works listing. This allows you to designate a percentage of the sales price of items you sell as a donation to VOC. You keep the remaining percentage. Your donation through Ebay Giving Works is tax deductible.
• Turn any 10K, marathon, bike tour, triathlon, or sports event into a grassroots Team VOC fundraiser. VOC will help you create your own personal fundraising page.
• Not the sporty type? Then consider a bowl-a-thon, bake-a-thon, dance party… the possibilities are endless.
• Ask your gym to host an exercise class to benefit VOC.
• Host a tournament – golf, tennis, volleyball, ping pong... any sport.
Get the Kids Involved
• Lemonade stand/bake sale.
• Refreshment sales at sporting events.
• Halloween party – Trick or Treat for VOC.
• Create and sell crafts.
• Host a game night at which your guests make a donation to play.
• Collect quality items from friends and local retailers and host a silent auction at your home.
• Organize your own or neighborhood garage/tag sale.
Many employers match their employee’s donations to charitable organizations. This is a wonderful way to leverage your gift to The Vision of Children Foundation.
Check with your employer’s human resources department to see if your company has a matching gift program and ask for the proper forms and procedures to initiate the match.
If you are planning a fundraiser, please let us know ahead of time. This way we can cover logistic details and work with you to make sure that we have all gifts and donations recorded properly for our financial records.